AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NH3 PRICE
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

loran
Posted 1/19/2008 16:02 (#287175 - in reply to #286996)
Subject: I like beans BUT,

West Union, IOWA FLOLO Farm 52175
Tommy, I agree with you on beans 'cept they're still just to dang dependant on August rains "here" the last 5 yrs we've grown beans we had 60 bushel bean going in the combine and 3 of the years they made it to the hopper, the other 2yr,60bu went in the front and near half disappeared somewhere in the feederhouse cause they didn't come out the rear and didn't end up in the tank.

Now for the corn I still got to argue that one a wee bit. The figures I tossed out above are corn on corn for me and last 3 yrs my CC has been better then c/b.

If I understood your post C on B cost $100 more then bean and C on C cost you $200 more then beans,What are you doing different on you c/c vs c/b.? That costing you another $100 to grow C on C vs C on B?

For me tillage is the same per acre whether it's corn or beans,likewise for plant,spray x2 & combine,chemical,and it's pretty dang close on p&k. Anymore their is a good chance I'd spray beans the 3rd time so that would negate sidedressing N on corn. And for true comparision I'm using picked up in the field bids, since the trucks and storage part is/or should be paying it's own way along(ie not involved in "growing a crop")

Not trying to argue, just curious how others figure and since you had some "real" figures on your beans but missed them for the corn and hope you don't take offense to asking--loran

Edited by loran 1/19/2008 16:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)