AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My $500 feedlot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

steincowboy
Posted 2/2/2013 19:44 (#2869933 - in reply to #2869766)
Subject: RE: My $500 feedlot

God's Country (N.C. Ia)
proud2Bafarmer - 2/2/2013 18:39

Looks good to me. Just proves my point further. If you were a row crop guy and tried to pull a stunt like that, you'd get laughed out of the county and all your landlords told what a ramshackle operator you were in an effort to scoop your ground. If you can pull things like that off in the cattle business, you end up getting all the more respect for making it work. Looks to me like you know how to make money feeding cattle. Anyone that laughs at that just aint weaned and probably never will be.

This isn't always true in the row crop business, but there are certainly exceptions to every rule. A good hard-work ethic rarely goes unnoticed by many of the older farmers that may be interested in renting their ground out to a younger fella. In the end though, a good work ethic plus a large rental rate is usually what gets it rented. I've never been passed up for renting a farm based on the age of my equiptment yet. One thing I do know is that no amount of money can make up for a bad reputation. Atleast not in our area anyways.

To the op: I'm proud of you for posting what you got. It's nice to see someone who doesn't have it all flashy and new. It's the condition of the cattle when it's sale day. Not what feedwagon or new barn they were fed in.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)