AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

morton buildings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/2/2013 08:40 (#2868503 - in reply to #2868319)
Subject: RE: morton buildings

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I explored a new building several years ago. This was a 72 x 150 building that has one end finished and the other end for cold storage. I priced the building with Morton and several other suppliers.

I talked with neighbors who had Mortons and they were happy except some mentioned the sliding doors left something to be desired.

I was leaning towards the Morton but mentioned to the dealer that they were alot more expensive. His calm reply was "about 30% more". This was probably close although I wasn't completely comparing apples to apples.

I went with the Morton building and have been very happy with it. I'm not sure if it was worth the extra money but I would probably go that route again.

With better times, several of my neighbors have had sheds built last summer. None of these were Lesters, Mortons or the other popular brands that I normally see around here. Most of these new buildings were from another company whose name I don't remember.

Those of us who have Morton buildings might be suffering from what I call the Cadillac syndrome. That is, we think our buildings are better because they cost more. The photo shows the building as it neared completion. The door and concrete work remained at that time.

Edited by tedbear 2/2/2013 08:43

(New Shed Resized.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments New Shed Resized.jpg (56KB - 559 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)