AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Extreme Newbie......So Bare With Me Please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KTA
Posted 1/29/2013 20:11 (#2859531 - in reply to #2858705)
Subject: Re: Extreme Newbie......So Bare With Me Please

If you get in to this far enough to buy a planter let me give you a hint or two. It may be that 8 rows of 30" corn will be the easiest to get custom harvested in that area. If an 8 row planter will work consider a 7200 with vacuum meters. If you search this forum you will learn of problems with the drive disconnect clutch, marker actuators, drive chains, population rate settings and attachment updates for 7000 planters. The 7200 planters are much improved in those areas. In most areas the 8 row can be found for the same money and sometimes less than a 6 row. All 8 row planters are 7"X 7" main frames and are heavy enough for No-Till duty. The 7200 units are the same width as the current production so boxes and row tillage attachments will fit. If you do go this route the later 7200 vacuum meters have one hole in the seed box bottom and are more valuable than the two hole box/meters. Just some things to consider. If you go with a No-Till program buy the best sprayer you can afford and learn how to spray. Hope this helps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)