AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Extreme Newbie......So Bare With Me Please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

FourPapa
Posted 1/29/2013 16:39 (#2858978 - in reply to #2858944)
Subject: RE: Extreme Newbie......So Bare With Me Please

Thank you for all of the advice so far! A John Deere 7000 is actually the type of planter that I have been looking into, but I wanted to hear what others had for opinions. From what I gathered, a planter like a 7000 or similar would be the way to go. And yes, we plan on hiring out the combining until we get a better idea on how/if things are going to work out.

As far as the CRP goes, I plan on seeing what I can work out with our Cousin. He may give us a break the first couple of years so we can see what the ground is going to do and how the process is going work. I planned on contacting the extension office to get some information on soil sampling to get a better idea on how things are looking on that piece of property and try to come up with a plan before this Fall.

Like I said, we will not do this until 2014 so I want to take some time to get a better grasp on things and figure out what we need to do. The people that have been cash renting from us (the same people for the last 20 years) understand why we are wanting to do this and are receptive to it so I'm hoping to learn some more from them over the next year as far as what has and hasn't worked for them. My wife and I built a home on a piece of our farm 3 years ago, we now have 3 children (2 boys, 1 girl) so I would love to be able to make a go of this and be able to pass things on to them someday.

Once again, thank you for the info!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)