AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FSA Image file question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Buckwheat
Posted 1/10/2008 08:38 (#280035 - in reply to #279945)
Subject: Re: FSA Image file question

Hey Gary,

I was taking about Calcium Carbonate Equivalent which I think is the same as % Free Lime. I dont have the scale in front of me but if you have higher than a 1 or 2% your requirements of P go up drastically when you read your OLSEN P test in ppm. In other word if you have a Olsen P of 16 ppm and 0% CCE or free lime, youre good to go. If you have 3% CCE with the same Olsen P of 16 ppm, you need more P than you tnink. Just checked the website at Columbia Grain in Tiber.....................11-52-0 is quoted at $670/ ton !! I was going to VRT my P this past fall when seeding my HRW but all 3 zones came back very low in P (without taking into account the CCE even) so I blanket applied 100 #/s per acre of 11-52-0...it cost $440 ton when I bought it last August. 670 - 440 = 230 230/440= 52% Increase in price and I have now just figured out after farming for 22 years that in all probability I need a lot more than even my soil test have been telling me, assuming my CCE or % free lime is high.......................,,,,,,,,
How are we going to afford these inputs with no moisture on top of it all??

On the CEC, ask for measured instead of implied........more accurate from what I am hearing but more expensive on the test as well.

Pat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)