AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone ever rasied a pole barn?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bushed52
Posted 1/4/2013 09:27 (#2797870 - in reply to #2797019)
Subject: Re: Anyone ever rasied a pole barn?

NW Iowa
I raised a hog building 12 feet to make a shop out of it. It was a 36 X 62 fully insulated. I filled the pits with sand and gravel and let them settle for 3 years before I poured the floor. The walls were laminated 2x6 posts that had been set on a foundation with 2x6 nailers in between the posts held with joist hangers. I cut 2' of 2x6 off on side of the post and 4' off the other side and spliced in. The 2x6 nailers on edge with the joist hangers make for a very strong wall, but I am adding lean to's on the side for cold storage and to alleviate the wind load on the side walls. The tin, insulation, and liner on the walls all needed to be replaced. If you plan on doing most of the work yourself, I think it might be worthwhile. At $13000, I think you will be ahead starting from scratch. It cost a little over $3000 to have mine raised by a pro during the off season. He just got it in the air. I was responsible for everything else. It is VERY difficult to keep the stucture secure while it's in the air.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)