AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ray Jenkins Fort Dodge IA corn basis 2013
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

RayJenkins
Posted 1/3/2013 16:46 (#2796304 - in reply to #2795953)
Subject: RE: Ray Jenkins Fort Dodge IA corn basis 2013

SC Iowa
Hello AJ...

We expect to have the Ft. Dodge operation running by harvest of 2013 .....our folks in MPLS are still in the process of putting together an on-site merchandising staff...I've been involved in a few of planning items, and our Eddyville office will be handling the "back office" functions of sending out contracts and settling the corn delivered to FOD.

I don't think it does any good to post basis bids for 2013 right now.....with a good crop, basis bids throughout the midwest will be a lot wider, but there is very limited selling interest for new crop 2013 corn ...well, unless you are willing to "pay too much" in the form of some wild and crazy basis bid.....so everyone will just bide their time and see how it develops.....

you are correct that there is a lot of processor and feed mill demand for corn in the area....a far cry from what things were like 10 years in that part of the state...it's going to get interesting with another 150,000 bushels of daily demand in that marketplace

keep checking the cargillag.com website in a few weeks to see if we have info up for FOD.....I'll likely put something out on this site as well...

regards,

Ray Jenkins
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)