AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fund money / spec money
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 1/3/2013 15:24 (#2796172 - in reply to #2795467)
Subject: Re: Fund money / spec money

Buxton ND
Joe when I follow and talk spec money its hedge fund and index fund (index being the long only funds.) The other ones talk your about are HFT,black box,computer traders which you are hearing more talk about then in AG markets.

Hedge fund,Index fund AND HFT traders with in those 2 fund class's are ALL classifieds NON-commerical in the weekly CFTC report and that what I follow and post about spec money.... And I follow the futures only side of the reports...Is just makes it much simpler and quicker to track......

I don't understand enough about the HFT to really say much expect,,,,,they can trade USDA reports in 5-10 SECOND,the speed and volume these reports are traded blows my mind,,,,,so they must just set up the "black box" prior to reports and just let it fly ! ! !

There has been proposed changes to positions limits this past year,court rulings,and un going court battles on changes positions limits.... What I've learned over the years is changes with in the CFTC which is the governing body over futures trade in general are VERY SLOW COMING. My thoughts on the MF Global deal is changes are coming so the big boy traders are keeping their positions limit more "in-line" with the rules..... But as with any rules,,,money under the table tends to make someone eyes blurry "at time"...........

These are just MY thoughts and at times,some of it goes over my head so ANYONE please add in you thoughts
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)