AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's New In High Yield Soybeans?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

4ethanol
Posted 1/3/2013 12:49 (#2795933 - in reply to #2795568)
Subject: RE: What's New In High Yield Soybeans?

Hoxie, KS, Northwest Kansas
My number one I always hear talking to guys about beans across the nation is.........they are a rotation crop for corn. With that mentality ultra high yields will be hard to achieve. We treat our beans "here" with just as much care as corn.

1. variety will vary year to year upon eviro factors, but the best way to find out is do test plots on your farm with your managment style.

2. We do both. Soil sample guages a wide band and then we tissue test in season and apply what it calls for if we are going across the field or by airplane depending on.

3. We have tried twin row planter, 10" JD notill drill, and 30" corn planter. We are now focusing hard on Strip tilled 30"

4. Weed control goes back to the treat your beans like your corn.......we try to not let the weeds get over 2-4" tall and with the resistance we have now its keep all weeds from emerging.

5. Fertilizers are based on soil tests and tissues. What works for me might not work for my neighbor.

6. Scout fields every week and when critical twice a week or every other day when feasible.

7. Harvest above 13% and air dry is the best. Lots of bushels lost in water cutting at 9%
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)