AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4400 JD Combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 7/19/2006 13:09 (#27954 - in reply to #27624)
Subject: RE: 4400 JD Combine

Brazilton KS
Been there with the 7720 too, Ted.  Ours was caused by two instances (that we know of) where the cap was left off.  I finally pulled the draw pipe out and fashioned a course screen to wrap it to keep large stuff out, then removed the screen from the sediment bowl and installed a filter like we use on our bulk tanks in the line after the sediment bowl.  The filter was capable of 30 gpm so it had a lot of room to be plugged before it would stop flowing 10 gph that the machine would burn.  I don't think I ever did have to replace it....prior to putting it on I was cleaning the screen in the sediment bowl every couple hours and blowing the pipe out maybe once a day.    I've since installed similar filters on most of our equipment.  This course (10 micron) pre-filtration seems to greatly extend the life of the one or two micron filters common on todays fuel systems and with them on the equipment we don't have to try to push fuel through filters at high rates when fueling, which makes the centrifugal pumps we use on our bulk tanks flow a whole lot more. 
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)