AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Selling manure $ per Ton
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 1/2/2013 18:43 (#2794000 - in reply to #2793101)
Subject: Re: Selling manure $ per Ton

n.c.iowa

H farmall - 1/2/2013 22:34 Be carefully and make any arrangement very clear between the two of you. I had a neighbor with a full hog pit this fall when I chopped corn silage. He was interested in getting rid of some to tide him over till his cash crop was out so he could spread it on his own ground. In visiting with him I said he could spread some on my chopped field and I could pay him a little for the manure. We both use a private consultant that does all of our manure testing and record keeping for the government. The manure gets spread by the local contractor and I got the bill. The consultant always suggest using the test and than 75% of commercial value less hauling expense( been this way for years). Few days later I also get a bill from neighbor for 75% of commercial fert value, so I stop buy and say to him that the hauling bill was sent to me also. I asked if I should pay the hauling bill and pay him the balance, he says you owe both. I said to him that is not what the consultant suggest or the way it is done in our area. He said this is the way he has done it in the past with other neighbors (checked with them they all said NOT)! He is not the brightest apple in the basket and is only farming because of a big inheritance. I asked again are you sure this is how you want to do it? He thought that his way was fare. I paid the bill to avoid conflict. My out of pocket cost was $366 an acre on them acres!!!!!! I always wondered how he could stay a float as his inheritance should be about gone now, well now I know.
  ouch!!!!! this is kinda how it works in our area,70%-hauling

Edited by johnny skeptical 1/2/2013 18:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)