AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

couldn't stand the pressure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

barren
Posted 1/8/2008 08:58 (#278543 - in reply to #278341)
Subject: RE: couldn't stand the pressure

Glasgow, Ky
I have even booked some corn and beans for 2009 and 2010. Never booked any that far out before in my life. I remember the 70's when we were told to plant fence row to fence row. Good times were here to stay. No matter what anyone says I still keep thinking about those times and what happened then. This has an influence on my lack of long term bullishness today. Given decent weather we can make money at these prices. Just need to keep a handle on our greed. The last few years is strewn with the broken lives of those that got too greedy in the tech stocks, subprimes, Enron and other ventures.

One thing that is especially important in a time like this is to define success as it relates to our own life and that of our family. If our proiorities are in the right place doing this can really help us feel better about our marketing decisions and relieve much of the stress. Be thankful we have been able to lock in the prices we have instead of worrying about getting more and more. When dealing with money, whether it be grain prices, net worth, etc., I always try to ask myself "How much is enough"? It is so easy to become obsessed with the money aspect and lose the joy of our work.
Sorry for the long reply. On my third cup of coffee and think the first two kicked in about the time I started writing this. May you and your family have a prosperous, safe and content year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)