AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WARNING - graphic pics. The aftermath of my 4-wheeler crash
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Luckyfarmer
Posted 12/25/2012 23:33 (#2776137 - in reply to #2775671)
Subject: Re: WARNING - graphic pics. The aftermath of my 4-wheeler crash

Central South Dakota
Glad to see the OP is recovering, but its amazing how fast stuff like that can happen.

After I dumped a 4 wheeler in a creek spraying weeds after hitting a hole in tall grass the boss decided to get a side by side and for spot spraying I enjoy driving that so much more.

Wasn't even going fast, just hit the hole and the spray tank with water was enough to flop me over, but I was laying under it with my right side trapped trying to hold my head above water and kick the honda off me. Finally managed to get my jack knife out and got the spray tank straps sawed off shifting enough weight to wriggle my way free after about 40 minutes.

I'm 6'3 240 and I had one hell of a time trying to get that honda off me. The scary part was the water because I was on the downhill side of the honda when it flopped and I was worried about shifting the honda too much and having it pin me under the water. The other scary part after the fact was no one would have missed me, or been looking for me for another 4-6 hrs.

It was a definate wake-up call to take a few more precautions on what seemed to be a mundane, and simple job. At least I didn't end up like my friend, he was puttering across a pasture to check cattle, hit a hole and rock hid in the grass, tipped it and died after bumping his head on a rock

I hope I didn't offend anyone if you thought I was trying to hi-jack the thread, my point is just to be careful with those things because stuff happens so fast.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)