AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

private pilot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

oncewas
Posted 12/25/2012 22:28 (#2776056 - in reply to #2775257)
Subject: RE: private pilot

scil
Earned my PPL in 1999. First soloed in a Piper Warrior, then flew C-150s until finally getting a check ride in a C-172. I have flown a Champ, Ercoupe, Skyhawk, Archer, and Skylane. The Champ is the quickest way to go no where but a lot of fun. It really teaches a person to be a pilot instead of a passenger that moves the controls. The Ercoupe is a hoot to fly with the windows open and your arm hanging over the side and it doesn't have rudder pedals. The Archer is a good cross country plane that will practically land its self when you point it at the runway. Skylanes are the most useful plane I have flown. They carry a good load and have quite a bit more room in them than the Skyhawk and are 20 kts faster. The down side is they cost quite a bit more to own and operate and can be nose heavy on landing. The C-150 is the easiest to learn to fly and cheapest to own but are only a 2 seater. Skyhawks and Warriors are about the best for learning to fly and usefulness.

I would love to try to make a few passes with a agplane. I think it would be an interesting experience if I survived!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)