AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New project.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jake_NEIA
Posted 12/22/2012 20:13 (#2769141 - in reply to #2768636)
Subject: Re: New project.

Just went through the post hole digger vs pounder debate. Went with the digger simply because why spend $3000+ on a pounder you can only pound fence posts with? What happens if you use bigger diameter posts then the pounder can handle? I can dig holes for fence then go dig holes for a new barn with the digger. I couldn't justify a pounder thats only good for one thing...Don't build that much fence...... Get rid of that POS 3pt digger......much easier to run on skid looking infront of you then looking behind to the 3pt......plus on the skid you have down pressure and can reverse the bit and not shear bolts. Had a 3pt digger....didn't take long to get rid of that thing...hated it with a passion! Oh forget about putting a digger on your loader tractor...can't see what you are doing.....Use you loader tractor to haul your fill rock to back fill post holes. Oh and BTW you have 2 post pounders already it sounds like.....fill your loader bucket full of rock and pound your posts in with the bucket......

My $.02.....gross dollars for the day
Jake
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)