AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New project.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

farmin teacher
Posted 12/22/2012 18:55 (#2768935 - in reply to #2768636)
Subject: RE: New project.

Wayne County, IN
I did exactly what you are wanting to do the last two summers,all in i have done about 7500 feet. The old fence was a mix of hedge, treated post, t posts and broken t posts, woven wire about half buried in dirt and single wire high tensile, in short a mess! I took out all of the fence by myself and i am not kidding you i hardly touched a post. I used a cat brand manure tine grapple and it worked great for digging up fence that was down in the dirt and i could clamp on the wood posts with the grapple. I used the grapple to roll up the fence too. Then i burned it and loaded in the the dump truck and took to the recycling center.

As for putting the post in i used a lowe auger for my bobcat, its an s175 so not overly large but it did a really good job, i never did have to stop building even in the drought, sometimes it would take 15 minutes to dig a hole but it always got it done. In the spring when we have plenty of moisture man it was nice 30 second a hole. I used a 10 inch auger so not really any need to tamp. I mainly put six inch posts in and just kicked the dirt back in around them. I had a few settle crooked but nothing the bobcat couldnt straighten out!

(0514112012.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 0514112012.jpg (58KB - 50 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)