AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Burns and others:Baseline accuracy question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/5/2008 07:46 (#276013 - in reply to #275909)
Subject: RE: John Burns and others:Baseline accuracy question

Pittsburg, Kansas

I would never try to sell it to someone to do that job. Not saying it can't be done by any means but right now at least I would not claim it to be there. For one thing there is no provision for remembering the AB points so you are going to have to reset them each time. Betting them perfect on both ends is going to be tough.

I think it will be there someday, but I try not to sell anyone on something that MAY be there some day. The system is pretty good for what it does and what it costs and I think there will probably be improvements in software or I at least I hope there is. If you are really wanting to do strip till serious probably better look at a different system currently. Bfy next year may be a different story though. If you already have a baseline, I think you can "get by" probably doing strips like the other post says and hope they will come along with some improvements to make it better. There really is no reason it can't be better than it is. Outback is just going to have to spend the time and resources to improve and add to the product. Maybe some of this will be addressed in the S3 as far as the repeatability. Speculation on my part though.

John 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)