AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anarchist Soccer Mom and the school shooting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 12/16/2012 17:02 (#2755936 - in reply to #2755880)
Subject: Re: Anarchist Soccer Mom and the school shooting

I am not anti-spanking. I darned sure believe that two parents are better than one. I also personally know an extremely well adjusted family whose parents NEVER spanked. The kids were my age and were always well behaved. Now that we're all older it is clear that they're still on the right track.

I don't personally know of situations where children of single parent homes are as well adjusted as children of two parent homes, but I do know 99.999% of them don't turn in to mass murderers. You are talking about something you've never experienced and you're speaking as if every one of those situations can be fixed with a Dad who spanks.

Maybe you're right that in this particular situation if the Dad had been involved and had tanned his son's hide every time he deserved it and loved him unconditionally the rest of the time things would be just peachy. However, you've never had or been around a child who fits in the .0001% category. If we could put you in a parenting position over one of those kids, I'd bet my bottom dollar that you wouldn't have quite such a black and white viewpoint.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)