AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who says holstein steers a lesser beef breed?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

buckeyefarmer
Posted 12/16/2012 12:48 (#2755436 - in reply to #2754305)
Subject: RE: Who says holstein steers a lesser beef breed?

nw oh
We switched back to Encore and I think we are getting more bang for our buck out of the Zilmax and the grading went up. These were Revalor IS followed by Encore 100 days later.

We had the same problem with Revalor XS. The Intervent rep told me that if you are not careful putting in the XS you will break one of the capsules or one will fallout and that animal will smell a little funny to the rest and get picked on. Of course do all of our won implanting so only do 700 to 900 head a year so am not well trained or get a lot of practice. The IS, S, and Encores are a lot easier to give. Also, done IS followed by S and that worked well but again grading was down. But yeild was real good, ran a group without Zilmax and was still at 61.8%. But, could only get 62.3% with Zilmax on other half of the group.

I sort of enjoy experimenting with the different products because you can really see differences in the cattle. But, without keeping perfect feed records it is hard to gauge their true effectiveness. With all the things we have tried and changed we can normally find differences in the kill sheets.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)