AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Smartbox-revisiting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 7/17/2006 22:13 (#27535 - in reply to #27376)
Subject: Re: Smartbox-revisiting

Chebanse, IL.....

Boog etal

Our Gandy Orbit Air is over 10 yrs old. Never used 'til this '06 season...long story. But-it's not especially made for this job. I made brackets & we did mounting. Ted Thisius supplied some cabling & advice from his employer. Gandy also sells bracketing...but we made our own. You'll note in this photo that I also made it to accept SB containers....containers only. The Gandy (Ravens controlled) would still do the metering-dispersing. We've used Aztec for a couple of yrs...good product. We were considering rotating to another product anyway to avoid problems for over-use. I do wish Aztec would offer their same product in a bag as in SB...but I believe there are some marketing arrangements that don't allow this. I've heard before that it's more concentrated & perhaps more dangerous (to humans), but I don't buy that. Bagged Aztec has skull & crossbones on the bag. Is there a more dangerous rating? Kind of like judging potential humanoid damage from either a .38 caliber or .45 caliber pistol. Anyway-then we'd be able to use the more concentrated product.

I'm assuming that SB material is not priced the same everywhere, but I'm very sure that it's more $$/A here....especially the Force SB product. The use rate of Aztec in bags is exceptionally high (7.4#/A) which means a big hopper & lots of reload for conventional corn treatment. Again-I wish they offered the SB Aztec product in bags.

I do wish P-1250 worked, but none of the seed companies will stand behind it up here yet.

I only know one person that has ever suffered effects from granular insecticide, and that was many yrs ago. His exposure was pre-L&L time. I'm not trying to be cavalier about using insecticide...I wish stupid CRW had never existed.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)