AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

dairy/farmbill/MILC
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

behog
Posted 12/14/2012 13:37 (#2751435 - in reply to #2751122)
Subject: RE: A supposed IF??? comparison of

frederick, MD

dairyman78 - 12/14/2012 09:52 Just wish the government would get out of dairying altogether. You know as dairymen we have very little clout and no money for political campaigns so you know that anything the government come out with id designed by the people who donate a lot of money for campaigning and you know that isn't the dairy farmer!

We have plenty of dairy lobby.  The only problem is they are not lobbying for you or me, they only lobby for the dairys from about the middle of Texas west.  They get transportaion credits from me, 30 cents a hundred, and they " ride my pool" by diluting class 1 utilization in the east and southeast, costing me another 50 cents.

The dumb insurance program proposed and legislated by Dean, Kraft, LOL, and DFA is only been put in place to protect the milk supply.  They must keep the desert dairys of the west going so the milk price remains low and stable.  That way they can continue to minipulate the thinly traded dairy markets on the CME.

If you give 2 hoots about the diary industry, call, write, email, fax and smoke signal your congress person to not vote for the farm bill in its current fashion.  Tell them we want the goverment out of dairy, we can take care of supply milk to the nation without all this control.  And it will be better for the small towns from Wisconson to Maine to Flordia.  It will keep smaller dairyman going supplying the milk where its needed, not in the middle of Idaho.   

http://www.fmmatlanta.com/TCBF/Transportation%20Credits%20Primer.pdf

(dairy lobby.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments dairy lobby.gif (0KB - 121 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)