AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Field Cultivator choices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

binderpower856
Posted 7/17/2006 20:55 (#27505 - in reply to #27457)
Subject: Re: Field Cultivator choices

Shelbina, Missouri (NEMO)
We have a DMI Tigermate II now at 38.5'. Ours has a 4 bar coil tine harrow on it. It's a great unit, but parts support has been in the dumps the last two years since CNH started screwing up thier parts system. From a good source, I was told that the DMI parts warehouse went from 40 some employees down to 3 two years ago, and that is what screwed the pooch.

It's not unusual anymore to have to wait two weeks just to get something as simple as a tension spring for the harrow. Ours has a tendency to eat the bearings out of the tandem pivots, which are common bearings, but with odd bushings and spacers that only CNH services, and when the bearings go, 99% of the time so do the spacers.

As much as I hate AGCO and thier parts sytem too, I think I would look hard at a sunflower with a 6 bar spike tooth harrow for the next one. We have a SF finish tool and a SF Disk Chisel, and they are both cadillac machines. A couple nieghbors have recently bought SF field cultivators, and they do beautiful work...

Bill
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)