AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need to sell some corn or beans this year, now or wait closer to end of year?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 12/13/2012 13:04 (#2749668 - in reply to #2749562)
Subject: RE: Need to sell some corn or beans this year, now or wait closer to end of year?

central - east central Minnesota -

Trent2520 - 12/13/2012 10:34 I'm a fairly small operator, and don't know a lot about marketing, but I'm learning and read a lot here. I have some corn and beans stored in my bins, and need to sell some by the end of the year. I sold some corn 2 weeks ago and should have sold more then. I'm just not sure if I should sell now, or wait closer to the end of the year. I know it's somewhat of a guess, but I think some of you would have a better educated guess than me.

This really is your call - what ever you can stomach . . . .
The corn market is in a down trend - one has to ask, what would make end users buy into this market, before yr end ? Price is fairly high, considering, yet. Most end users have their needs on hand to take them into the new year ? Those holding futures (posistions in general) know this is the end of lower/fewer taxes - next year WILL be different tax burden . . .
Finely, the WHALE's (big grain merchants / users) aren't willing to chase $7+ dollar corn to $7.50 or $8 bucks (too much risk) .. .. they would rather the price falls to more profitable areas and then they can buy in (again) and move the price up to $7+ . .. .
Look back at historical pricing this time of year (last 3wks of the year) ~
Beans, there is some use going on, but as corn and wheat fall, I would suspect - beans will follow.
You have to decide and remember, the advice/opinons here (on NAT) need to be varified and my info is opinion ~

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)