AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

guardrail pic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

LKM
Posted 12/12/2012 22:00 (#2748678 - in reply to #2748483)
Subject: Re: guardrail pic

Ridgway, IL
We are pouring a little concrete, mainly patching a few places and some small projects... Like squeeze chute pad, etc. These are some precast bunks from wieser concrete in roxanna il. They are 12' lengths. Im honestly not wild about the bunks, especially for the cost. They have a real slick finish, and chip kinda easy. We have set them with a payloader, forklift, and skid steer and we rarely seem to set one without putting at least a small chip in them. I think they would be better if they didnt have that slick finish, they might not be as brittle then. I know they are gonna last a long time, but kinda sucks to chip new bunks right off .... We are putting in 370' of them. That guardrail is 26' sticks, so covers 2 bunks with a foot of overlap on both ends. Next time i would want the bunks sitting on concrete, this time theyre on a gravel driveway that was leveled pretty good... But the smallest imperfections show. Ill try to take some more pics over the next few days, supposed to be good working weather.

Edited by LKM 12/12/2012 22:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)