AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Under the surface of the report, ja
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Gottlieb
Posted 12/11/2012 11:47 (#2745700)
Subject: Under the surface of the report, ja

we'll i've somewhat hashed thru here and slicing 130 million bushels from soys tightens them further going forward for those of you who have in elevator storage or bins...this is good news. the adjustment came by way of domestic crush, ja. we knew already that the soyoil export targets have been met before going into this report. Our soy sales to china today for 115,000 mt for 12-13 should have prompted USDA a little more "proactiveness" to raise our soy exports. They didn't. We know how conservative and bear friendly USDA likes to be, ja. So, i write or try to ....that the 130 million bushel ending stocks noted is over reach on their part. This is what i see and believe as i contemplate and crunch out the numbers. Ja, i got plenty of soys for sale, fresh off my farm..i see it that they continue to accrue dollars and they easily convertible.
they should have raised the export numbers. Why, maybe you wonder... Remember, we already recorded 78% of anticipated 1.3 b bushel for foreign sales. How, i ask...could this not be bullish news...tucked in i know under what on surface appears bearish, ja. Truth be told...soy are bullish...so don't be fooled.
Wheat: bears delight..why argentine's #'s were not changed...can anyone tell me? The argentine locals themselves forecasted 10mmt. the trade as far as i can tell anticipated a decrease...and still do...kick the can on down the road...quantitative easing on grains anyone???
corn--whacking off a slight .5 mmt ...traders looked for a 2mmt reduction...ethanol...same..consistent. corn ending stock...same. week after week we get poor export numbers...law of averages...because it is grain we discuss, i'm with greater expectation we see higher prices. We should cause the exports been so "dumpy". they can play the numbers anyway they want, but i tell you this is grain we're talking about not lumber or copper or such...grain will speak soon, ja.
Temp are way above average this time of year and extended forecast is dry...need i tell or remind you that as we're all living it.
then there is the euro, but too much info at once and i know the two readers i got stop reading, ja...good day. gottlieb

i repost this cause the thing say internal error when i try below...if it both show up...i apologize for wasted space, ja. g
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)