AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Making History in Beans ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 1/2/2008 19:13 (#273937 - in reply to #273865)
Subject: Re: Making History in Beans ??

A very generous offer. Appreciated but have a unique situation. Unfortunately, these many years of keeping me on a tight leash has frequently interfered with the circulation of essential fluids to my brain & all of the almost constant, albeit well-intentioned, instructions on how to dress, how to act, how to spend my time and the scheduling process of my days & the sharp, but clever, retorts to my frequent cynical comments –never having the sense to keep my mouth shut-- has taken a deep physical toll on me which is very evident to restaurant managers in regular type joints & they generally assume, while we are almost identical in age, that I am taking my grand daughter out for a treat & give me a special geezer discount on top of the senior discount. If a nice place, I let her go in first & I sense their concern when I appear as they prefer not to have ‘1st responders’ from 911 upsetting their patrons & my almost ill, and shabby appearance motivates them to get us out quickly, sometimes forgetting to prepare the bill.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)