AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mold in old house. Removal.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

don@nebr
Posted 12/7/2012 09:53 (#2737950 - in reply to #2737875)
Subject: Re: Mold in old house. Removal.

trick is 'finding' all the mold to remove. Heard once this guy had mold on underside of roof sheathing,,,took media blaster and blasted off with dry ice. with plastic spread to catch the ice and mold spores, ice melted and disappeared.

Have bleached too but some say that doesnt kill it. But 'manages' it till you can clean up with hepa filter vac. If you can keep area under negative pressure it helps. Mold lives "INSIDE" plaster or drywall or inside walls. So it would take a complete gut job to be sure.

If it is large scale mold everywhere your talking LOTS of bucks to get the pro guys paid. IF the house is real old and needs a LOT of dollars in upgrades and reno's you may be better off cutting your losses.

Somehow I have become super sensitive to mold. If I walk in a moldy smelly house for even 5 minutes I am sick beyond belief. Call it mold cold,,,then sinus infection lasts till antibiotics knock it all out. was in a house over a year ago,,,doc gave me meds that got about 80% gone,,,still have that last 20% that wont go away.

Some people know they are mold sensitive, others dont,,,,and just wonder why they are always sick. Please dont take risk of making someone else sick.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)