AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Excerpts from a conversation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 1/2/2008 15:04 (#273737)
Subject: Excerpts from a conversation

In regard to degrees of being bearish, bullish or BULLISH.

Chatted with my very close friend managing huge $$$ & he is a pro having come into the business 35 years ago & prior to managing funds was a limit position trader in the grain complex; he does have credentials. One of the few people in the trade of whom I value an opinion. He has been bullish soybeans for a long time. I was curious about his feelings towards corn, his immediate reaction ‘why buy corn when you could buy more beans?” Not wanting to answer that question directly I switched the subject to feeder cattle “why fool with livestock when you can buy more beans?” He suggested I delete everything from my quote screen other than beans, meal and oil as ‘we ARE eventually going to make history.’

He is bullish. We switched the conversation to discuss our families as I need to maintain my discipline.

Not trying to influence anyone, as he like everyone else can be, and has been, wrong occasionally & the market action on any given day could change his mind; but he earns a piece of the fund profits, has a staff providing him with market intelligence & all the technical bells & whistles & is putting real money behind his opinion & his level of bullishness exceeds that of any post I have read.

Unfortunately, I have already violated my statement ‘not going to watch the market today, dear’ & am suspicious the spouse is going to cut the power cord to this new laptop. For those middle-aged & younger fellows, it is not an easy road when one is on the edge of falling into the abyss of senility when your spouse is extremely clever and has keen intuition.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)