AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anxiety
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 1/2/2008 06:40 (#273423)
Subject: Anxiety

Perhaps its the Scandanavian genetic insecurity & that always curiousity about 'where is the Achilles heel in a deal' or the occasional critical eye from the spouse as I am supposed to be relaxing...bot some March corn tonight & is the highest price I have ever paid for corn futures...but I have a set of rules as a speculator and followed them...might be pitching it on the close today, who knows? I have a natural discomfort when markets act too favorably & I lack the reasons other than we are in a bull market of historic magnitude.

It is tricky today as soybeans gapped & are in a congestion area & bean upside gaps in January are normally not a reliable predictor & wheat does tend to set spike highs this time of the year except I note China placed a tax on some ag product exports & India has reduced import duties on wheat flour & Pakistan cuts import duties on palm oil--prices & demand seem to be lower some barriers the politicians and bureaucrats have fought over for years.

Some of my contacts return from the Islands this week, fellows who hear all & are significant movers & will hopefully have more info to evaluate, in the meantime 'the trend is our friend.'

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)