AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beginning guidance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

blacklander
Posted 1/1/2008 14:32 (#272790)
Subject: Beginning guidance

Central Texas
I am thinking of getting into basic guidance. I want to set up a unit to put on my CAT 45 for applying liquid fertilizer and on my JD 7800 for spraying with a 3 pt. boom. I don't want to get into the assisted steering yet, I just want to be able to have it to keep from skipping and overlapping especially with the price of fertilizer. I am looking at the EZ Guide 500 or the Outback S with the 360. I would like to be able to find the acres in the field and count the acres as I apply materials. Are the screens on either unit easy to see and keep track of your postion? I just started researching these units and want some input from anyone who has experience with them. There are dealers for both within 25 miles. I have several neighbors who use Outback systems from lightbars to steering systems and they seem well pleased. I kind of like the EZ Guide being in one box, is that a big deal? Some time in the future I may go with assisted steering, will that make a difference in which unit to consider? I just don't know that much yet so any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)