AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 7000 planter ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmerjon52
Posted 7/16/2006 19:45 (#27188 - in reply to #27178)
Subject: Re: JD 7000 planter ?

As far as planting snapbeans with a JD 7000, or any mechanical drive non-vacuum JD or Kinze planter, I have not been able to get the Kinze brush meters or JD soybean meter to plant snapbeans and I feel that this is because of seed shape. A soybean is spherical where a snapbean is elyptical or football shaped and the meters do not work properly. As for bunches, the only thing to do is to try new cups. You are dealing with a "controlled spill" here and adjustments are hard to impossible to make (there really are none except for transmission setting and speed). Since you are dealing with a controlled spill and gravity you will see a little trail at then end of the field. I do not believe that it is your planter clutch. Do you see a trail with corn? If you do then it may be the clutch. It is the nature of the beast when planting snaps with a JD 7000 planter. If you want to actually singluate snap beans then you have to go to a vacuum such as the JD vac or even better the CaseIH 1200 (singulates snapbeans very well). The finger corn meter will singulate snapbean seeds really well but you will not be able to get enough seed on.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)