AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dairy Dilemma advice-young guy starting out
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

aussiebagger
Posted 11/5/2012 18:00 (#2679992 - in reply to #2678209)
Subject: Re: Dairy Dilemma advice-young guy starting out

Adelaide Hills, South Australia
It sounds to me like you are on the right track. Always have a look at the different options and keep looking for more until a deal is done. Information will give you confidence you are making the right decision. Run the numbers etc... It's hard to listen to all the negative stuff, but we need to work out why people feel that way and what you can do to stop yourself getting to that point. Lots of good advice from people on here.

A couple of things that could of really helped me along the way:

1) Get to know and examine yourself, even if someone else can do it, to work out what makes you operate and think the way you do. Get compared to how other peoples brains work so you know yourself better. Me, I'm just normal, but it turns out I am not much like I thought I was!! This can help with decision making and knowing why you want to do things a certain way.

2) Before we got married we had pre marriage counselling. We filled out a questionaire to see what areas we matched and where we were different. It came back and said that we were different in financial areas. Our Pastor new us both well and we thought the difference was because I worked in the family farm, so cash income was low and my wife was a teacher then, so had more cash. It turns out that it is our attitudes to money and financial risk that are different. It would have saved a lot of stress and fights to have worked it out sooner. Get to know somehow what makes you and your partner think or operate differently, I'm guessing you probably have worked out how you are physically different by now!!!!

A wealthy person is someone who has more than they need to physically survive each day. It helps me to remember that and be pleased with what I have, not what I haven't got.

Edited by aussiebagger 11/5/2012 18:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)