AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dairy Dilemma advice-young guy starting out
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 11/5/2012 11:40 (#2679563 - in reply to #2679551)
Subject: Re: Dairy Dilemma advice-young guy starting out

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
behog - 11/5/2012 08:24

Try to go with the old farmer who wants to work with you and see you succeed. The old guy who will give you advise, yet grin and bear it when you don't always do what he likes. Someone who is a good farmer, but realizes that you may have a different way. The advise I was given by my elders was, always listen to our advice, you don't always have to follow it but consider it.

A lot of good advice in this thread. I wish I'd have had elders who gave me advice like that. I got a lot of advice like "this is the way we do it, other guys do XYZ because the have more money than us, and you'll do it our way, and our way only". That doesn't teach anyone a thing. Because of that type of thinking, I just went my own way and bought my own place. Glad I did, but if you have the opportunity to work in with someone or family, that is great as well. If you have like minded people to work with it should work well, but it isn't the cakewalk people sometimes think it is. I've always seen that good operators can make a success of almost any situation, yet poor operators can fail if the whole thing is handed to them. Just work on being a good farmer/dairymen/etc.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)