AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dairy Dilemma advice-young guy starting out
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

deere5010
Posted 11/4/2012 19:41 (#2678378 - in reply to #2678340)
Subject: Re: Dairy Dilemma advice-young guy starting out

Nebraska
That is exactly what I am thinking with the working on somebody elses place and not worrying about how to get involved financially with buying a farm through that person. Just have the cows and small line of equipment and buy a place from realtor, auction etc and be in the area where I would like to end up eventually. There would be no strings attached kind of thing and no person telling you this is my farm still we are going to do it this way etc while they are watching my work my rear off out the window trying to make it work for both of us.

And not really looking for "financial" advice we all know a bank would laugh if you walked in said you have nothing and want to buy dairy farm....you better have the cows to show you have a vested interest and know your in it for the long run to borrow money. Atleast thats the way im planning on going about it. I have enough money that if i bought young heifer calves i could grow pretty fast raise them up and be on fast pace to building herd in 2 yearrs when they are freshening.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)