AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

beans again (jpartner)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

maydel
Posted 11/2/2012 16:24 (#2674490 - in reply to #2674472)
Subject: Re: beans again (jpartner)

Theodore, Saskatchewan
jpartner - 11/2/2012 14:02

Just curious, when you were thinking of taking that trade, what was your target and stop? Just trying to see through your eyes a bit
Thanks

I take it you mean the second trade after the 1570 top

I did not use market structure and so I was still trading with a target to move up and finally make a HH above 1570.

On the chart I was watching movement on the quartile (I know you do not use it) and allowed the possibility that we were seeing a reversal from the quartile to retest the lml and then move up.

So the trade really came down minimizing risk to allow a proper risk/reward scenario. First I had removed part of the position at 1560 (in hindsight should have taken all), and would re enter that part. My entry was at 1545 and I used a 1541 stop below the lower line. This was balanced by the entry at 1533 from earlier. You mentioned allowing a risk of 1530 and with that I agree that a buy at 1545 is not a trade in my mind.

Summary on the trade, I gained on half 1533 - 1560, had a half at 1533 - 1541 and lost 1545 - 1541 on a long shot that we were reversing.

In hindsight the 1541 stop worked because we ended at 1527

The long at 1545 was the bad choice, I guess I needed to learn for myself by getting kicked around and now I know to respect the market "structure"! When 1570 did not break yesterday I could have taken everything off at 1560 and sat back once again.

Trade and learn

BTW Head and shoulders - shampoo took a while for my brain to connect the dots!

Edited by maydel 11/2/2012 17:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)