AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Daughter's American Degree
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 11/2/2012 15:49 (#2674459 - in reply to #2664818)
Subject: Re: Daughter's American Degree

Martinsville, Ohio
Congratulations to your daughter and to you her parents and everyone who helped her achieve this high honor.

The highest degree I achieved was Greenhand, as after my first year I could not take band and foreign language and Vocational Agriculture so my parents and counselor took me out of ag class. I pestered the ag teacher through graduation though and ended up teaching the same subject 3 years later after my B. Sc. in Ag Ed from Ohio State.

It took me years to get my first American Degree student and he is one of the best farmers around here today. One in 1000 members were chosen then. I only had 4 students make it back then, 40 state farmers in my first 16 years. The committee came to your farm for the final interview back then and it became the famous farm clean up month around here.

Now my son has more in 10 years than I did in a career. The best thing for me was he and his brother and sister all earned their American Farmer at Blanchester, something I never earned but highly respected.

FFA is a fabulous program and should be offered in every school if we had enough teachers like my son. FFA is the pride of many schools in southwest Ohio and we have powerful chapters. Competition is stiff here.

Congratulations on your daughter's dedication and your support. Tell her that pin will always represent what she learned to get it and no one can ever take that away from her. That separates her from the crowd.

Ed
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)