AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to love a farmer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

1156versatile
Posted 10/28/2012 11:53 (#2665195 - in reply to #2658841)
Subject: Re: How to love a farmer

Strathcona, mn
My wfe and I have been married for 4 years, it is a struggle during the season. We farm a couple lus thousand acres of grain wit little help n no family ties so it keeps me more than busy, yes I will admit it. We also have two kids and another due soon...... Itcan be overwhelming at times! I try to help out when I can with the kis, I try to stop one night a week and go to activities. My wife and I try to get out together when we can. This year we made it a point to leave the farm in july for a week. That was huge fo us before the harvest season started ( we also do custom wheat harvesting). One thing thatwe are learning is keep communication open.... we try! I know it goes both ways but try to limit the surprises...... If things aren't going right finance wise or kids wise keep it known. I try to with the farm finances, she helps out and does the books. I appreciate it that she has an idea what we are doing on paper. She may not see large sums in her(family) checkbook, but she sees the ballance sheet every year. Biggest thing is don't hold a grudge........ not every thing works out the way it was planned but hey...... THAT'S LIFE!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)