AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to love a farmer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

thefoolishfarmer
Posted 10/26/2012 07:28 (#2661595 - in reply to #2658841)
Subject: Re: How to love a farmer

South cental Ohio
I feel for your relationship but you have some good advice replied to you. I am in the oposite postion... my girlfriend doesn't get my farming and its demands. She is a country girl from the "hills" and crop production just doesn't register in her brain. When I am busy- I am BUSY and when I'm not too busy- I'm still busy doing little projects that I want to get done to make my work a little easier. I do some projects for her but all the while I am growling about how this "silly" stuff isn't going to help anybody out in the long run. I mean, why does anyone want a propane heater on a 3 sided porch??? I'd just asoon go in the house and sit if its cold outside... but she thinks it's just wonderful to be outside. I think she's making like a "woman cave" on the front porch lol. She doesn't even live with me. We get along great and then POW we argue over the stupidest things. I've all but given up on her....either she see's it my way or the highway. I can't leave the farm, never have and never will. Tried to once and all did was worry about the cows getting out or the dog missing me or some low-life theives stealing me blind or the barns burning down ect. ect. ect. I know, I have a problem, but what people don't get about me is that I have spent my whole life to get where I am at (52 years) and I can't just walk away or leave it- even for a vacation! I always said that "vacations are for people that ain't happy where they are at". Well, I am happy right here in my little world. Ain't got that long to live so why should i change now? By the way, I think I'm losing my girlfriend... she just wants more attention then I have time to give her. If I do make time for her, I just get that more further behind when I get back to the farm. My life sucks lol. You hang in there and give your man some room BUT.......... don't let him grow into what I have become!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)