AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Captain Obvious weight loss tip.... this one weird thing...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Pat H
Posted 10/25/2012 16:43 (#2660490 - in reply to #2660256)
Subject: Re: Captain Obvious weight loss tip.... this one weird thing...

cropsey, il 61731
Most calorie counters only seem to recognize aerobic stuff like running or biking. However, I know I'm burning calories - squatting 225lbs (or more sometimes) 5 times for 3 sets certainly takes calories. Regardless the big thing is that being stronger makes everything easier. If I really wanted to do it right, there is probably an ideal calorie intake level for me to make the workout go better without putting on fat, but I seem to have lots of other things to do.

One thing about lifting that I had to change is working different parts on different days. I used to do a more full body workout every time I lifted (usually every other day). Usually I'd get so burned out on it that I quit for a while. This time around it's a 3 day cycle and even though the legalist in me suggests only working legs 2 times per week can't be enough, it's much easier on me and I've been going over 9 months now. The next thing I'd like to work on is to get a little more flexible. Stretching just seems like torture at times and once I get to a certain point I usually don't get any more flexible. Part of it is my knees are just not quite what they used to be and I could stand to weigh 185 rather than 210.

On the diet/calorie side of things, it's not that I eat poor foods, just too often and too much. The problem is that I want to eat and after a while 'untreated' popcorn just doesn't make it. However, lately getting to bed earlier has calmed the urge to eat and I tend to eat when I'm supposed to and don't usually do the conehead 'mass quantity' deal (unless I have not eaten all day and worked hard). Now I have to get back to my green coffee beans, garlic, magic berries and the wife's cindy crawford workout tapes (like she has to work out)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)