AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Disneyland vs. Disneyworld
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John 86
Posted 10/25/2012 11:59 (#2660180 - in reply to #2659679)
Subject: vacation

Seaforth, Ontario

After finishing university in 1972, I went to Disneyworld with a friend, then to Mardi Gras. Had a great time at both so 2 years later, 2 other friends and I went on a road trip to CA with stops at Grand Canyon, Vegas, Death Valley, landing in CA on Sunday, with the intent of going to Disneyland on Monday, then heading east to New Orleans.
We thought we got lucky finding a motel within walking distance to Disneyland. Took it easy that afternoon, so we could get an early start; asked the motel clerk what time Disneyland opened the next morning; he said Disneyland is closed on Mondays for maintenance. Guess we were the inspiration for the Griswalds and Wallyworld in Vacation. So I can't compare the two parks.
We didn't want to wait around so we headed south to Tijuana, and the markets where I became 'Senor Tubby' to the locals hawking their wares. lol. That was quite an experience south of the border, no problems, but saw enoough that we were glad to be back in USA.
Had a great trip through New Mexico and Texas (with some help from 'Lone Star'); Mardi Gras was great again, but probably I was more wary there than Tijuana.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)