AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tried out the NH575
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Larry in AB
Posted 7/14/2006 11:23 (#26514 - in reply to #26320)
Subject: More capacity

Alberta, Canada
I forgot to mention the guy's were saying that they now figure the 575 does have more capacity then the old balers. The old balers are rated at 105 strokes a minute but we never run them that fast as they have that damn feed rack that likes to fly apart. The new runs at 93 strokes I think at rated engine rpm. Where as when we run the other balers we idle the engine down 2-3 hundered rpm. Less strokes and travel slower to be extend rack life etc. So I suppose the old balers could keep up of we speeded them up faster but I like to be safe then sorry. We used to run them faster years ago but after a rash of crash ups we don't push them as hard.

Funny thing is after 30 years my dad's old original 278 with a zillion bales on it had NEVER had a feed rack crash up. I guess I should not have been telling peope all the time about the good luck we've had with it as out of the blue it crashed twice this year!! I think though the second time might not have been the balers fault as I didn't put it back together when it crashed up the first time. So I don't know just what the guy's did or how they were driving it.

Anyway I think I'm going to keep a watch for another used 575 next spring at the farm auctions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)