AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dozer blades on tractors, worth it or not?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dan_wcIN
Posted 12/20/2007 09:52 (#264652 - in reply to #264512)
Subject: Blades, Loaders, Blowers and V-Plows all have there place

It made a Crop
In moving snow that is. It just depends on the amount of snow needing moved. And where/how it needs to be moved.

A rear blade a is the best low price tool for getting most the snows out of the way in our area.

A Front Blade is faster for opening up a Roadway. But the snow plowed to the side will make for deeper drifts after that pass.

A Front and Rear blade make a pretty good combo. The rear blade will pull the snow away from then we use the front blade to push it out of the way. Another thin we do is swing the rear blade over and gain an extra 3 feet of plowing with on the first pass.

A Loader is great for getting snow out of the way around close buildings. And being able to load snow on a truck a getting it out of site. And can be use to push open a path.

A Blower is great for getting snow out of the way. But it they can be slow going. But for really deep hard drifts a double fan blower is about the only thing that going to move 6-7 of snow.

A V-Plow as another tool that had it's place. Fast road opening and with speed it lift and throwns the snow out of the way.

In January of 1978 a remember watching a Pay loader work for hours opening mile stretch of road to get heating oil to a family. There were several Double Fan Fair snow blower bought in our area that. Then a few tractors with PTO and Clutch repair bills

If in a perfect world of snow remove. I'd want all of them available.

All of the above is based on snow we had 30-20 years ago around here. The front blade has not been needed for most of the snow we have had the last few years. I put it on last Friday when the forecast called for up to 12" of snow.

About the only Snow Blowers that come of barns around here lately. Are for retirement sale. I've thought about buying one of them just as an insurance policy. Kind of like putting that front blade on last week the snow didn't live up to the forecast.

Sorry I got off track here. But back to the post question if you can find a front blade that you can afford. Buy it, you'll be glade you did.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)