AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

unemployment poll
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Stormwatcher
Posted 10/16/2012 12:49 (#2643518 - in reply to #2637857)
Subject: RE: unemployment poll

WCMO-SWMO Area
Ben D, N CA - 10/13/2012 12:05

I agree with everyone else. Lots of jobs. Lots of paycheck seekers. Not many workers.

I get pretty tired of the argument that these jobs are not 'living wage'. That is BS. People who complain the loudest about the pay scale are usually the ones with two new cars, big house, boat payments, etc. Work some more hours. Overtime adds up pretty quick. It isn't the employers fault that most people are incredibly stupid when it comes to money. Seems to be there is a notion out there that everyone is entitled to new cars, a big house, two weeks paid vacation, etc.

Some of the worst are my age (31). Say mom and dad had worked hard and were well off, kids get married and think they need everything mom and dad had. Big house. Two new cars. Lots of big vacations. Nothing wrong with any of that if you can afford it, but most can't. Borrowing way to much money and lot of credit cards. Then complain they don't get paid enough.

Your compassion is overwhelming..I seem to live in an area where there arent lots of jobs....Try being in your 50's or 60's and trying to find a decent job..Most everyone I know has a job but lots are underemployed..

A local factory changed owners..They let lots of the old time workers go and lowered the wages of everyone..Several friends in their late 50's lost their good paying jobs..After being out of work for a long time they finally got on at another factory for $10 an hour as temps with absolutely no benefits..

Edited by Stormwatcher 10/16/2012 12:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)