AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How did you choose your screen name?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ranger Ted
Posted 10/2/2012 09:38 (#2619445 - in reply to #2618100)
Subject: RE: How did you choose your screen name?

Montpelier Indiana
Ranger Ted has been my nickname for almost 25 years now. At one time I worked for the DNR in Indiana, doing soil conservation work. We always wore some kind of shirt that identified us during our job. Most days it was just a T shirt that had the DNR logo on it. Well one Friday I had to put on a presentation to some 4th graders, so I was dressed in a full uniform, those Mr Green Jeans that I hated so much and a deputy shirt with full DNR patches. It was a hot day and when I got off work I was looking forward to enjoying a cold one with my buddies at the local watering hole. So here I am driving home to change my clothes when I went by the watering hole, the parking lot was FULL of pickup trucks, all people I new. So I walked in with my full dress uniform on, we all knew the barmaid Patty, we she seen me walk in she YELLED out "RANGER TED". Everyone turned around and looked at me and we all laughed, I have been Ranger Ted ever since.

If you ever stop in Montpelier Indiana and ask someone were Ranger Ted lives, I am sure they can tell you.

Edited by Ranger Ted 10/2/2012 10:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)