AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cash for car brought up a question.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 10/2/2012 02:53 (#2619090 - in reply to #2618484)
Subject: Re: Cash for car brought up a question.

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
mccoyranch - 10/1/2012 18:16

Helps if you have Daddy or Grandpa big bucks behind you. If you don't, some banks won't even give you the time of day. .

Helps maybe, but I think a lot of businesses and banks are pretty good judges of character. My grandfather was a small farmer, but always honest and never behind on any bill. Dad had some problems, and he still owes money to a lot of the people I do business with. When I started out it was very clear that I was on my own, and if any of them were hesitant to extend me credit, I never saw it.

As to the original question, I find it uncomfortable to carry a wallet in my pocket, so I'm constantly forgetting it. In our town I don't even need it. I have a charge account most everywhere, deli, grocery, parts, hardware store and restaurants. Sometimes on small bills they just wait a few months and then send it to my wife. I'm pretty trusting of people as well, or maybe I've just been lucky. We had a customer who was many months behind on a bill over $10,000. My wife mentioned it to me each time she was billing, I said don't worry about him, know him. Kind of guy who'd sell his house to make sure you were paid for wok done for him. He got caught up, just needed a little time. Then there are others I won't trust at all. Guess that is also a good thing about a small town. Seems the guy who is always talking up how much money he is making or how successful he is, is also the one who will stiff you for a couple hundred bucks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)