AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cash for car brought up a question.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Unit 2
Posted 10/1/2012 21:37 (#2618558 - in reply to #2617935)
Subject: RE: Cash for car brought up a question.

When I was still custom harvesting I was that well known, not only in my home community, but in numerous communities from Southern Oklahoma to Montana where we harvested. One time that almost got me in trouble. We were moving up from Frederick, Oklahoma to Enid Oklahoma. We had a tire blow out on one of the trucks. We stopped took the tire off and went back to tire store in the small town we had just past through. When they finished putting on the new tire I rolled it out and threw it in the pack of the pick-up and took off just like I would do in any of the communities where we harvested and then go in when were finished in that community and pay my bill at that store. The trouble was we had never harvested in that community and the guy in the tire store didn't know me from Adam. We got the new tire but on the truck and started down the road again. I think we drove about five miles when the thought occurred to me that I never paid for that tire. We pulled everything over to the side of the road again and I got in the pick-up and went back to the tire store. When the guy saw me coming in he said, "Well I never expected to see you again." I was pretty embarrassed about that one.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)