AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cash for car brought up a question.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 10/1/2012 20:13 (#2618294 - in reply to #2617935)
Subject: RE: Cash for car brought up a question.

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

When buying my first car, I walked into our local bank and asked for the full amount for the used car.  Bank President knew my Dad, let me have all of it on my signature only.  When buying my first land, another local bank required my FIL to countersign on my downpayment, then loaned me the balance on the land.  I swore I would bank at those banks for the rest of my life, since they trusted me and I paid all my loans off before they were due.

Lately, everything has changed, first bank closed, second bank that I had banked at for over 35 years was bought out by a series of banks.  The same employees, but I had to sign my life away if I wanted to borrow.  Found another bank where I knew the president, borrowed money there, and transferred all my accounts to the new bank.

Worst thing that happened is when branch banks were allowed by law.  A few advantages maybe, but banks have become way too big and considered too big to fail.  I only deal with local banks today, and fear the time when another big bank buys them out.

Eventually, branch banking will ruin this economy, if it hasn't already acomplished that fact and we just haven't realized it yet. 

The mark of the beast is either a credit card, debit card, or some form of digital banking.

I realize the above statements fully indict me as an old man full of insane rantings.  I didn't  understand my elders when they predicted things that actually are fact in todays world.        

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)