AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rough year keeps getting rougher...............
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Tnfarmer
Posted 9/28/2012 20:20 (#2613602 - in reply to #2613199)
Subject: Re: Rough year keeps getting rougher...............

tennessee
If it was just a couple hundred $'s I wouldn't worry about it. Turbo for my grain truck is $1,100.00 and combine is $450. Thats tuff on a small farm and a very bad two year stretch here. I'm not broke yet but it's gonna get tight here before it gets better. All I need is a run of a couple years put together with good crops and a decent price to get myself in a lot better shape. I have one equip. payment that is way to high for my acres but I only have this yr. left on it and it'll be gone forever. All you young guys out there just getting your feet wet in this business listen to what I'm about to tell you--Do Not Go Into Debt Deeply Starting Out or Any Other Time! Buy cheap as you can and keep it together with baling wire till you have cash in the bank that you can upgrade with. I spent to much to fast 15 yrs. ago when I started on my own and I'm still trying to dig out. New stuff is not worth the sleepless nights and worry that it will put you through. Please start slow and build as you can with cash and save some years off your life from worry. This is no joke, this stuff will kill you if you let it. Thanks for all the responses, things will turn around. I've made it this long I'm gonna see it through a few more years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)