AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

red combines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

deerenseed75
Posted 9/25/2012 23:05 (#2609274 - in reply to #2608039)
Subject: Re: red combines

Hancock county, IL
Everyone has given their opinion but no one has answered your question yet. The reason that the green rotor combines handle green stem beans is because of the following:
1. They have a feed accelerator in front of the rotor that breaks up slugs from the feeder house chain and throws the crop into the rotor feeding the rotor across 75% of its entrance.
2. The rotor itself has threshing bars at the front that threshes grain from pod or cob and then tines(sts-single tine separation)that stir up and break up the crop mat to release grain and flow the crop mat through.
3. The rotor cage on top is in three tiers that hold crop mat together to thresh, then opens up some to seperate crop mat and grain and third that allows crop mat to flow out. This I feel is big reason why the Deere handles tough beans better.
4. The green combine has a lot of power to do this with and has a robust drive system to aid this situation.
Don't get me wrong both machines new and older are good machines but Deere has CIH beat in tough bean conditions, but to argue that CIH can have better corn samples (less grinding) in tough corn situations. One thing that I didn't go into ether is the fact that the 900f series head fed better than older CIH heads and the 600F was tremendous head as well, but now with the onset of flex drapers head feeding will be improved more.
Good luck and be safe this fall.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)